Summer salad with mozzarella, prosciutto and figs
We have been enjoying some really warm weather in the last few weeks and it gives me energy to create endless summer salads. My boyfriend loves salads as well. If he’s cooking, it’s probably going to be a salad. It’s healthy and there are endless combinations. I saw this salad idea on Pinterest and it’s the perfect combination between salt and sweet, combined with the freshness of the mozzarella. Summer salad approved!
If you’re looking for more summer salad inspiration, click here!
Ingredients (for 2):
- 1 fresh salad (you can either go for a multi color one, iceberg salad…whatever you like)
- 1 mozzarella (125g)
- 6 figs (I’ve used dried figs here, as they are not in season yet, but I do recommend fresh figs if you have any)
- handful of pine nuts
- 4 slices of prosciutto
- olive oil
- Start to wash and dry the salad.
- Toast the pine nuts in a skillet on medium heat and keep stirring until they turn golden brown. You do not need to add extra oil in the skillet. Transfer them into a bowl and let them cool down.
- Take 2 large plates where you’ll be working on to put your salad together. Lay out the salad nicely.
- Slice the mozzarella in thick slices and add it on top of the salad in the middle.
- Remove the excess fat from the prosciutto and lay out smaller pieces of the prosciutto around the mozzarella.
- Slices the figs in half and lay them between the prosciutto.
- By now, the pine nuts will have cooled down. Sprinkle them on top of your salad.
- Finish off your salad with a little bit of olive oil and season with pepper.
Let me know in the comment section below what your favourite summer salad is or tag me on Instagram @afoodiesworldcom!