Stracciatella nice cream, a healthy take on an Italian classic
Summer is coming and so is our lust for ice cream! Don’t feel guilty when enjoying real creamy ice cream, but if you want it to be a little lighter, you can always opt for nice cream: a vegan and guilt-free alternative for ice cream. I’ve shared my recipe for regular nice cream in a previous blogpost, but this recipe is a variation: stracciatella nice cream!
Did you know stracciatella could mean 3 different types of Italian food? It can be either used for an egg drop soup, for a variety of soft Italian buffalo cheese from the Apulia region or for an Italian ice cream variety with chocolate flakes. Today, we are making a healthy gelato: nice cream with chocolate chips!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 5 tbsp vanilla soy milk
- 30g chocolate chips and a little bit extra for topping
- Slice the 3 bananas in thin slices and put them in a box. Put the box in the freezer for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, take the box out of the freezer and blend the banana slices with the vanilla soy milk in a food processor until fully combined.
- Chop the chocolate chips is small pieces and add them to your nice cream mixture. Stir well until the chocolate is evenly spread in the mixture.
- Transfer the nice cream in a box of 500ml and put it back in the freezer for 3 more hours. Top if off with extra chocolate chips before freezing.
- Ready! Enjoy!
Let me know what you think in the comment section below or tag me on Instagram @afoodiesworldcom!