I spent the weekend in the Belgian Ardennes with my lovely boyfriend. We stayed at a little cottage that we found through Airbnb. The cottage was super cozy with a fireplace and a fully equipped kitchen so we decided to cook for ourselves. With all the Christmas markets in town, we tend to not eat very healthy, so we wanted to create something healthy, but also with a wintery touch. I do not eat a lot of meat, but I love duck and I also get right into the wintery/holiday season whenever I eat duck (that’s probably just me). Anyway, we decided to make a healthy salad with smoked duck filet, apple, chicory and balsamic cream. Read along for the recipe!
- 10 slices of smoked duck filet
- 1 chicory
- 1 apple
- 1 bag of mixed salad
- Balsamic cream (thicker version of balsamic vinegar)
- Olive oil
- Wash and dry the mixed salad and put it as the base on a plate.
- Then clean the chicory and lay out some leaves on top of the salad.
- Sprinkle some olive oil over the salad.
- Peal the apple and cut it into small pieces. Divide the small pieces on the plate.
- Remove the excess fat from the smoked duck filet and lay it out nicely on the plate.
- As a finishing touch, season with pepper and top it off with some stripes of balsamic cream.
This very easy winter salad is ready!
Let me know what you think in the comment section below or tag me on Instagram @afoodiesworldcom!