Baked ravioli with spinach – healthy comfort food
Cold winter days ask for comfort food but do not forget the vegetables! I love fresh ravioli especially in a yummy tomato sauce. I feel so much better when I eat fresh things, like fresh ravioli instead of ravioli out of a can, or fresh tomato sauce instead of pre-made sauce from the store. This dish will warm you up again after a long cold day and it’s very easy to make. Read along for this very easy but delicious recipe.
Ingredients: (for 3-4 persons)
- 500 g of your favourite fresh ravioli. I choose 250g of spinach ricotta ravioli and 250g of tomato mozzarella ravioli.
- 2 cans of peeled tomato cubes
- 1 bag of fresh spinach
- Spices for tomato sauce
- Optional: bacon strips
- Boil the fresh ravioli for 3-4 minutes in hot water and let it drain afterwards.
- Preheat the oven on 180 degrees Celsius.
- Bake the bacon strips in another pan. No need to use butter as you can bake them in their own fat.
- Add half of the bag of spinach and 2 cans of tomato cubes.
- Season with pepper and spices for tomato sauce.
- Let it simmer for a minute or 2, maybe 3. Then again add in some fresh spinach to keep some crunchy spinach leaves in your sauce.
- Take an oven resistant dish and add one layer of ravioli, then one layer of our homemade tomato sauce, then another layer of ravioli and then the rest of our sauce.
- Finish it off with some more spices and put it in the oven for 20minutes on 180 degrees Celsius.
Let me know what you think in the comment section below or tag me on Instagram @afoodiesworldcom!