Quinoa mash with goat cheese and veggie balls
A quick, healthy but satisfying dinner is exactly what I need when coming home from work. This quinoa mash with goat cheese and veggie balls is just that.
What you’ll need for 4 persons:
- 200g quinoa
- 1 cucumber
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 100g goat cheese
- 1 avocado
- veggie balls
- mediterranean herbs and pepper to season
- optional: toasted pine nuts
- Boil the 200g quinoa in 400ml water for 10 to 12 minutes or until the quinoa has fully soaked up the water. Make sure to stir the quinoa once in a while.
- Put the veggie balles in an oven tray and cover with aluminium foil. This will make sure the veggie balls do not dry out when heating them in the oven. Place in the oven on 180°C until they are warm on the inside.
- Cut the cucumber, cherry tomatoes and avocado in small pieces. If you’re using a piece of goat cheese, you can also cut it in small pieces. Otherwise, when using fresh goat cheese, you can mix it in after the quinoa is ready.
- The quinoa should be done by now. Season it with mediterranean herbs and pepper to taste. Mix in the goat cheese, this will create a creamy texture. Next, add in the avocado, the cucumber and the cherry tomatoes.
- Place on a plate and add the veggie balls. Top it off with toasted pine nuts to add a little bit of a crunch to it (optional, but very good!).
Let me know what you think in the comment section below or tag me on Instagram @afoodiesworldcom!