I have to be honest with you, I’m not really a fan of Valentine’s Day due to its commercial aspect, but I kinda like it because people always do an effort to enjoy extra yummy food and maybe an extra dessert with chocolate. Whether it’s going to a restaurant or cooking at home, I feel like people are making time to enjoy the time with their loved ones and share the love for food.
An easy treat that you can make in less than 1 hour is this homemade chocolate with matcha, pistachios and pink Himalayan salt. It’s a perfect combination of sweet and salty with a touch of crunchiness. Read along to get to know the recipe and spoil your loved ones (and yourself!).
- 450g dark chocolate
- 100g white chocolate
- 1tsp culinary matcha
- 25g pistachios
- pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- necessary kitchen utensils:
- silicone baking tray in heart shape or cupcakes shape
- 2 piping bags (or freezer bags).
- Start by melting the white chocolate ‘au bain marie’ (chocolate in a small cooking pot and that pot in another cooking pot with boiling water, so that the water does not touch the chocolate directly).
- In the meanwhile, you can start peeling the pistachios and chop them in smaller pieces.
- When the white chocolate has melted, pour half of the melted chocolate in another bowl. Then add the teaspoon of culinary matcha to the bowl and mix it until you have green chocolate. Let the remaining white chocolate in the cooking pot to keep it warm.
- Transfer the matcha chocolate into a piping bag (or freezer bag where you cut off the corner). Start decorating your silicone baking trays by drawing lines with the chocolate (I had enough for a big heart shape and 9 cupcake bottoms).
- Now it’s time to transfer the white chocolate to the second piping bag. Again, draw lines with the chocolate in the silicone baking trays.
- Sprinkle over some pink Himalayan salt and the chopped pistachios.
- Set the silicone baking trays aside to let it cool down, while melting the dark chocolate.
- Take back the baking trays and pour over the dark chocolate until all matcha chocolate, white chocolate and pistachios are covered or until you’ve reached the thickness that you desire.
- Put everything in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. When everything has cooled down completely, flip out the chocolate out of the silicone baking trays. Enjoy!
Let me know what you think in the comment section below or tag me on Instagram @afoodiesworldcom!