With summer coming up, I’d like to create some healthy snacks that I can take with me or that are just there when I’m craving something. This time I wanted to create something fresh, so I tried the combination of lime and coconut. Guess what? These muffins turned out perfectly! They are the perfect combination between sour and sweet. On top of that they are healthy as well. They scream summer and I cannot wait for you to try these! I present you the healthy muffins with lime and coconut:
Ingredients for 12 muffins:
- 3 ripe bananas
- 150 g oatflour (I blended 150 g oats in a food processor to create the oatflour)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 40 g coconut powder
- peel of 1 lime
- juice of 1/2 lime
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Peel the bananas and mash them until smooth in a bowl.
- Add 150 g oatflour into the bowl. I took 150 grams of oats and blended them in a food processor until I had oatflour.
- Then add the 3 eggs and mix everything all together.
- Rinse the lime under running water, grate the peel of 1 lime and squeeze the juice out of 1/2 lime. Add both ingredients to the mixture.
- Add in 40 g of coconut powder, along with 1 tbsp of baking powder and a pinch of salt. Mix the entire mixture until everything is fully combined.
- Line your muffin tray with muffin liners and scoop out the mixture into the muffin liners.
- Bake the muffins in a preheated oven on 180°C for about 20-25 minutes.
- Let them cool down and enjoy them with some yoghurt or a nice cup of tea.
I hope you try this surprising flavour combination. If you do, leave me a message or tag me on Instagram @afoodiesworldcom 😀