Salad weather is coming! I’m so excited for the nice Spring and Summer weather to come. On sunny days, I feel more energized, and I love to eat salads. Today, I share with you my healthy version of the classic caesar salad.
Ingredients for 2 large caesar salads:
- Salad of choice
- 1 avocado
- 1 small can of anchovies
- 200g chicken filets
- Pine nuts
- Parmesan cheese
- Optional: croutons (I’ve gone for some small bread sticks with olive oil)
For a healthier salad dressing (optional)
- 125g yogurt
- 3tbsp olive oil
- Rinse and dry the salad.
- Roast the pine nuts in pan on low heat. Stir them continuously. Once they turn brown, turn off the heat and let them cool down.
- Cut the chicken filet in smaller pieces and bake until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- Take a large plate and place all the ingredients nicely.
- Grate parmesan cheese to top off your caesar salad.
- I’m not really a salad dressing person, but I like to add a healthy salad dressing sometimes. This is optional: mix in 125g of yogurt with 3tbsp of olive oil and season with pepper. Stir well until everything is fully combined and taste it. You might need to add a little bit more olive oil or pepper. It’s up to your taste.
Let me know what you think in the comment section below or tag me on Instagram @afoodiesworldcom!