Spring is here! How amazing is it waking up while hearing the birds chirping? I love it! It instantly gives me great energy in the morning to start my day! When combining that feeling with a delicious, nutritious and healthy breakfast, my day could not have started better. Yay! Today, I’m sharing my recipe for granola parfait with you.
It’s a very easy breakfast which consists of granola, yogurt and most of the times fruit. You could also eat it as a dessert or a healthy treat. I always make granola myself, since it contains less sugars and additives like store bought granola. The recipe will tell you how to make basic granola, but if you want more granola inspiration, then click here. I tend to make it in the evening to save time in the mornings and you can store granola in an airtight container for up to several months.
- Plain yogurt
For the granola
- 70g oats
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (this sweet taste will balance out the plain yoghurt)
- Start by making the granola. You could do this the night before or in the morning.
- Preheat the oven at 150°C.
- Mix the oats, oil and maple syrup in a bowl until everything is well combined. Lay out the mixture on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- Bake on 150°C for 25 minutes.
- After baking, take out the baking tray and let it cool down completely.
- Once the granola has cooled down, start filling a glass, jar or bowl with layers of granola, yogurt, granola, yogurt, and so on. Top it off with fruit, like for example a colourful mix of berries and you have your granola parfait!
It’s so easy, so yummy and the perfect breakfast to start a joyful day. Let me know what you think in the comment section below or tag me on Instagram @afoodiesworldcom!