Dark chocolate brownies with walnuts
I hope you like brownies as much as I do! With this recipe, you can make them the healthiest version possible and eat it every day without feeling guilty 😀
This recipe makes about 24 brownie bites, if you have some left you can easily freeze them and enjoy them up to 2 months later.
Preparation time: 10 min
Bake time: 20 min
Total time: 30min
- 60g coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 can of black beans (400g)
- 150g of dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 75g chopped walnuts
- 24 whole walnuts as a topping
- Optional: a sweetener of your choice, like honey or agave or mayple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 150°C.
- Rinse the black beans under running water and let them dry.
- Line a baking tin with parchment paper. (Tip: put some oil in the tin to make the parchment paper stick better).
- Melt the coconut oil by heating it in the microwave for 30seconds to 1minute.
- Blend the black beans in a food processor and add the melted coconut oil. Make sure to scrape down the sides.
- Take a large bowl and add the eggs and the baking powder. Stir it until the baking powder is dissolved. Add the oil/black bean mixture and stir until smooth.
- Melt the chocolate au bain marie and add it to the mixture. Stir everything until you have a smooth batter.
- Add the chopped walnuts and stir.
- Pour the mixture in the baking tin and spread it out to the corners.
- Bake it in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Take the brownies carefully out of the oven and press the whole walnuts on top. Put them back in the oven for 5 minutes. Check with a toothpick if they are ready.
- Take the brownies out of the oven and let them cool.
- Once they cooled down, you can cut squares around the whole walnuts.
Let me know what you think in the comments below or tag me on Instagram @afoodiesworldcom 😀