On Sundays, I’d like to prepare for the new week. It’s easier to make healthy choices when you’re busy or when you have to hurry in the morning. Baking fresh granola has become a routine on Sunday mornings. It allows me to have a quick, delicious and balanced breakfast on weekdays. Super easy and with less additives or sugars than the ones in store. Read along for the recipe, including some serving tips!
- 300g oats
- 30g pecans
- 30g walnuts
- 30g almond flakes
- 40g pumpkin seeds
- 35g cranberries
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1tsp vanilla
- 6tbsp melted coconut oil
- 4tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven on 150°C.
- Add the oats, pecans, walnuts, almond flakes, pumpkin seeds and cinnamon to a big bowl and stir everything together.
- Add in the vanilla and stir again.
- Melt 3tbsp of coconut oil in the microwave for 1 minute. This will result in 6tbsp melted coconut oil. Add it to the mixture and stir again.
- Add the honey and stir again.
- Cover a baking tray with parchment paper and pour the mixture onto the baking tray. It’s important that all the seeds are well spread, otherwise they won’t bake evenly. I always use 2 baking trays to make sure the granola can bake well and becomes very crunchy.
- Put the baking tray in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Take the granola out of the oven after 25 minutes and let it cool down.
- Add in the cranberries as a finishing touch. It’s important to add them after the baking process, otherwise they will become very hard.
- Save in a closed box in a dry place.
Serving tips for a balanced breakfast:
• 40g granola (=4tbsp) with milk of choice (cow milk, soya milk, rice milk, almond milk…)
• Greek yogurt with 30g granola (=3tbsp)
• Fruit salad with yogurt and some granola as a topping.
Enjoy a very good morning!
Let me know what you think in the comment section below or tag me on Instagram @afoodiesworldcom!