Chocolate – coconut energy balls
Having an afternoon dip and craving some sweetness? These energy balls will satisfy your sweet tooth while still being healthy! Sweet + healthy = perfection?!
This recipe makes about 9 balls.
- 2 tablespoons of raw cacao powder (this is unsweetened cacao powder)
- 30g oats
- 100g unpitted dates
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 40g walnuts
- Topping: shredded coconut
- Melt the coconut oil.
- Add the dates, cacao powder, coconut oil, oats, honey and cinnamon to a blender. Blend it on high speed until everything is combined.
- Add the walnuts to the blender and blend it for a few seconds. You want crushed walnuts in your dough.
- Turn off the blender and take out a tablespoon of the dough.
- Make little balls with your hands and roll them into the shredded coconut.
- Place the balls on a tray and place them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Please let me know what you think in the comments below or tag me on Instagram @afoodiesworldcom.