When I go to bed, breakfast is what I think about. I really look forward to start the next day with a healthy and tasty breakfast to kickstart my day! When longing for chia pudding, the evenings are the perfect time to prepare it. Did you know chia seeds can hold up to 12 times their weight in liquid? When absorbing the liquid, the seeds become a gel-like consistency. This will be our chia pudding!
I therefore always prepare chia pudding in the evening to give it enough time to absorb all the milk I’ve added. A little effort in the evening will give you a quick, easy and tasty breakfast in the morning.
- 30 to 35g chia seeds
- 165ml semi-skimmed milk (or milk of choice)
- pinch of cinnamon
Toppings for example 1:
- 1/2 banana
Toppings for example 2:
- 1/2 banana
- handful of blueberries
- cacao nibs
- In the evening: take a jar with a lid and pour in your milk of choice, the chia seeds and a pinch of cinnamon. Screw the lid on and start shaking the jar until everything is combined. Place the jar in the fridge for 15 minutes. Give it another shake and place it back in the fridge until the morning.
- In the morning: take out the jar with the chia pudding and top it off with your favourite topping, like fruit, cacao nibs or nuts.
- Example 1: Slice some strawberries and half a banana and put the slices on top of the chia pudding. Finish it off by sprinkling over some almonds. I’ve used sliced almond here.
- Example 2: Slice half a banana and put it on top of our chia pudding, add a handful of blueberries and sprinkle over some cacao nibs as a finishing touch.
You’re good to go! Enjoy!
Looking for more breakfast inspiration? Click here!
Let me know what you think in the comment section below or tag me on Instagram @afoodiesworldcom!