Fall is here and so are the cravings for delicious and healthy soups! I love the fall season and all the veggies that are in season now, like butternut squash!
It has been hectic in the last months with work and apartment hunting. My boyfriend and I are moving in together 1st of December, the day we met 2 years ago! We’re so in love and I look forward to starting cooking in our new apartment. He loves to cook as well and we recently made this butternut squash soup. So good! It’s filling, healthy and perfect for fall! Hope you give it a try!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 small red onions
- 1 butternut
- 300ml warm water
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- Pine nuts
- Start by peeling the garlic and onions and cut them in small pieces. Then put them in your soup pan and cook them in olive oil until they are golden brown.
- Peel the butternut squash and cut it in smaller pieces. Add it into the pan with the garlic and onions.
- Fill a bowl with 300ml warm water and break the vegetable stock cube in smaller pieces. Make sure to let the cube dissolve. Then add it into your soup pan.
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes until the butternut squash is soft.
- Add in a little bit more water, so that you can start mixing it all. Add in more water until you get the consistency you like.
- Add in thyme and pepper to taste and let it heat for a few more minutes.
- Take another pan and roast some pine nuts.
- Now serve the soup and top it off with the roasted pine nuts and a little bit more thyme.