Banana “nice cream” to welcome summer
The weather is getting nicer and on hot days ice cream can be a delicious treat. Although, it doesn’t have to be a guilty pleasure. With this recipe we make banana “nice cream”: no added sugars, no preservatives, only 1 ingredient. Enjoy!
- 3 ripe bananas
- Yes, that’s all 😉
- Slice the 3 bananas in thin slices and put them in a box.
- Put the box in the freezer for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, take the box out of the freezer and blend the banana slices in a food processor until fully mashed.
- Transfer the half frozen mashed puree in a box of 500ml and put it back in the freezer for 2 more hours.
- This consistency will become more like a banana sorbet rather than creamy ice cream. To get a creamy texture, add 4 tablespoons of milk of your choice. Vanilla soy milk is a very nice one to use. Then mix it again until the milk and the banana puree are fully combined. Keep in mind that the creamy version takes longer time to freeze, so add another hour.
- Ready! Yes, it’s as easy as this 🙂
You can enjoy it topped with some cinnamon and fresh fruit or alongside a red fruit crumble topped with some mint leaves.
I hope you try it. If you do, please leave me a message or tag me on Instagram @afoodiesworldcom
Enjoyed it? Check out stracciatella nice cream here!