If there is one thing I hate, it’s food waste. Not everyone has the privilege to have food on their plate every day. Therefore I always make something with the foods that do not look perfect anymore, for example bananas. The less perfect they look, the sweeter they are, which means I can leave out other sweeteners in recipes. They are perfect to use in one of my favourite breakfasts: banana bread. Win-win situation!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 150g oats
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 30g chopped pecans
- 20g raisins
- 20g shredded coconut
- Optional: almond flakes as a finishing touch
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tin with parchment paper.
- Peel the bananas and mash them with a fork until smooth in a bowl.
- Add the eggs, oats and baking powder. Stir until everything is fully combined.
- Add the chopped pecans, raisins and shredded coconut and stir again.
- Transfer the batter in the baking tin and decorate with the almond flakes.
- Place in the oven for 50-60 minutes.
Let it cool down and enjoy it with yoghurt, peanut butter or just like that. Slices of banana bread are perfect for breakfast or to take with you as a snack.
If you make this, please share your result with me on Instagram @afoodiesworldcom or send me a message in the comments below 😀