When the leaves start to turn red, orange or yellow, I’m always super excited for autumn. It’s my favourite season and I tend to bake more with speculaas spices. This time I made an autumnal granola with walnuts and cranberries. Super yummy to start the day with a healthy breakfast during the grey mornings!
- 230g oats
- 140g walnuts
- 50g cranberries
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1tbsp speculaas spices
- 4tbsp melted coconut oil
- 3tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven on 150°C.
- Add the oats, walnuts, cinnamon and speculaas spices to a big bowl and stir everything together.
- Melt 2tbsp of coconut oil in the microwave for 1 minute. This will result in 4tbsp melted coconut oil. Add it to the mixture and stir again.
- Add the maple syrup and stir again.
- Cover a baking tray with parchment paper and pour the mixture onto the baking tray. It’s important that all the seeds are well spread, otherwise they won’t bake evenly. I always use 2 baking trays to make sure the granola can bake well and becomes very crunchy.
- Put the baking trays in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Take the granola out of the oven after 25 minutes and let it cool down.
- Add in the cranberries as a finishing touch. It’s important to add them after the baking process, otherwise they will become very hard.
- Save in a closed box in a dry place.
Enjoy a very good autumnal morning!
Let me know what you think in the comment section below or tag me on Instagram @afoodiesworldcom!